Sunday, May 4, 2008

banaue faces

This trip is as much about travelling as it is about taking pictures. My companion and I are taking this opportunity to practice our photography skills, though I'm really too impatient to get all fancy about it. Though I'm more into taking scenery pictures, I took my friend's lead and began taking some people pictures.

On the left is a picture of a vendor at the marketplace. She is chewing betel nut that many people in Banaue chew.

Below are individual pictures of the elderly Ifugaos in traditional costumes. I didn't really bother with having them pose apart from the others or to edit the pictures.



While most of the elders were all together near where the buses and other vehicles park, this old man stood separately. He was further in, where you can see the rice terraces behind him. He was also close to a traditional Ifugao hut. It was interesting because he was speaking to us in English. We would speak to him in Tagalog while the guide would talk to him in Ifugao, but he wouldn't respond. Maybe he couldn't hear us, but when he would speak, he would speak in English.

No comments: