Wednesday, March 5, 2008

time

as i mentioned in my first post, i created an account almost a month ago today. i wanted to do that then because i thought it was an auspicious time. i think i was also inspired by a friend who created a blog because she was going to the philippines for the first time. i am about to go to the philippines for a couple of months and i, too, want to blog about it.

i lived in the philippines for the first 14 years of my life and have visited several times, so why blog now? well, i will be going to an area that will be new to me--something that is beyond my comfort zone--and i wanted my family and friends to share it with me. all my beginnings will bring new experiences, and i want to document some of that. my memory is so bad these days, that i need something to remind me!

with this trip and with the start of my career as a librarian, i also wanted to begin to visit libraries and post pictures on this blog.

the operative word though is want. i want to, but will it happen? it took me a month to actually post an entry, so who knows if i will keep it up? i hope so.

No comments: